Listen and learn as students in C89.5’s radio class at Nathan Hale High School share their own questions around Body Image & Eating Disorder Recovery with this month’s special guest Dr. Yolanda Evans – Co-Chief and Clinical Director of the Division of Adolescent Medicine at Seattle Children’s.
Seattle Children’s Resources:
- Body Image – What body image is and how you can help your child develop a positive body image.
- Eating Disorders Booklist and Resources –A list of some of the well-regarded resources that may provide you with a better understanding and tools to support your child.
- Eating Disorders – Learn the basics about eating disorders and how they’re treated at Seattle Children’s
- Eating Disorder Treatment Facilities – Contact information for treatment facilities throughout the country that work with adolescents.
- National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA)
- Screening Tool
- Eating Disorders Helpline
- Eating Disorders in LGBTQ+ Populations
- Recovery and Relapse
- Parent Toolkit – The NEDA Parent Toolkit is for anyone who wants to understand more about how to support a family member or friend affected by an eating disorder. You will find answers to your insurance questions; signs, symptoms and medical consequences; information about treatment and levels of care; and questions to ask when choosing a treatment provider.
- National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders – Provides free support services to anyone struggling with an eating disorder, disordered eating, and body image.
- Body Image from the Office of Women’s Health – All about body image and women.
- Eating and Eating Disorders from Child Mind Institute – Sections on eating disorder basics, picky eating, eating disorders and college, and eating disorder treatment, with several articles in each section.