In compliance with requirements set forth by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, KNHC makes the following types of records available for public inspection:
- Annual financial reports filed with CPB;
- Audited statements or other financial statements filed with CPB. These include the reports from CPB required audits conducted by independent certified public accountants or state-certified independent public accountants, according to the CPB adopted audit standards, and the financial statements which CPB may permit to be submitted in lieu of such audit reports under certain circumstances; and
- Other information regarding finances submitted to CPB related to any funding agreement with CPB that requires a financial report.
The public is welcome to review our records.
Station Executive Management
- H June Fox, General Manager.
- 206-252-3801; [ Contact ]
- Drew Higgins, Operations Manager.
- 206-252-3803; [ Contact ]
- Jon McDaniel, Program Director.
- 206-252-3804; [ Contact ]
- Kendall Wallace, Business Manager.
- 206-252-3800; [ Contact ]
- Faraz Zarghami, Corporate Sponsorship Executive.
- 206-252-3800; [ Contact ]
- Bruce Wirth, Membership Director.
- 206-252-3817; [ Contact ]
Board of Directors
- The Seattle Schools Board of Education serves as the KNHC Governing Body. View the list of directors. As a station owned by a public agency, KNHC is not required to have a Community Advisory Board.
KNHC is licensed to the Seattle Schools Board of Education. See the calendar of their meetings.
On the calendar of meetings for Seattle Schools, (linked above) any meeting shown as “Executive Session” is a closed-door meeting as defined by the Open Meetings Act.
Whenever a meeting is closed to the public, information regarding that meeting – including date and reason for closure – will be listed here.
Annual Financial Disclosures
Audited Financial Statements of the governmental activities and major fund of KNHC C89.5 Radio Station (a public telecommunications entity operated by Seattle Public Schools), an aggregated fund of Seattle Public Schools, as of and for the year ended 31 August 2018 and related notes to the financial statements which collectively comprise. KNHC’s audited financial statements are located here. The CPB AFR for FY 2019 is located here.
Local Content and Services Report
Seattle Public Schools (“SPS”) complies with all applicable state and federal laws and regulations, including but not limited to: Title IX, Title VI of the Civil Rights Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, and RCW 49.60 (The Washington Law Against Discrimination). SPS’s compliance includes, but is not limited to all District programs, courses, activities, including extra-curricular activities, services, and access to facilities.
Seattle Public Schools (SPS) provides Equal Educational Opportunities and Equal Employment Opportunities and does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex; race; creed; color; religion; ancestry; national origin; age; economic status; sexual orientation, including gender expression or identity; pregnancy; marital status; physical appearance; a disability; veteran or military status; or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal. SPS provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
Seattle Public Schools issued an affirmative action plan through 2021. Click here to view.
Statement of Section 396(k)(12) Compliance
KNHC does not sell, rent, lease, loan, trade, give, donate, transfer or exchange their membership or donor names to, with or from any candidate for Federal, State or local office, political committees, or political parties for any purpose whatsoever, except as otherwise required by law or judicial process.
Section 396(k)(12) of the Communications Act provides that:
“(12) Funds may not be distributed under this subsection to any public broadcasting entity that directly or indirectly-
“(A) rents contributor or donor names (or other personally identifiable information) to or from, or exchanges such names or information with, any Federal, State, or local candidate, political party, or political committee; or
“(B) discloses contributor or donor names, or other personally identifiable information, to any nonaffiliated third party unless-
“(i) such entity clearly and conspicuously discloses to the contributor or donor that such information may be disclosed to such third party;
“(ii) the contributor or donor is given the opportunity before the time that such information is initially disclosed, to direct that such information not be disclosed to such third party; and
“(iii) the contributor or donor is given an explanation of how the contributor or donor may exercise that nondisclosure option.”