Anxiety is a normal emotion that everyone has. However, for some of us, these feelings outgrow the situation, like a fire alarm that goes off when there is no fire. If you or someone you know has fears and worries that get in the way of their ability to function, this may be a sign of an anxiety disorder. Anxiety disorders are the most common mental health disorders among youth with 8% to 12% of children and teens having at least one anxiety disorder. There are ways to cope and help is within reach. Learn more at the links below.
- Anxiety Disorder: Facts for Families
- Anxiety Disorders: Booklist and Resources
- Anxiety 101 (series of 6 videos, 5 to 10 minutes each)
- Anxiety and Related Disorders (video, 1:11:06)
- Youth Mental Health First Aid Class
- Washington’s Mental Health Referral Service for Children and Teens
- Mental Health Resource Hub