- What is a sustaining membership?
- A sustaining membership is the option to make a monthly donation supporting C89.5. It allows you to make smaller monthly contributions instead of a large one time donation. Click here to start your monthly membership.
- Can I make a one-time donation instead?
- Yes, one-time donations are accepted and welcomed. You can make a one-time donation here.
- What are the benefits of becoming a monthly member?
- By supporting C89.5 you help keep the station broadcasting and teaching. C89.5 students learn to produce various forms of digital media and get real world job experience. A monthly membership is beneficial to you because it allows for smaller donations that are more manageable than a large one-time donation. It also helps us budget more effectively by providing a reliable source a revenue. When you donate, you’ll receive a thank you gift from C89.5, sent right away and every six months with your ongoing contribution.
- Is my donation tax deductible?
- Short answer: Yes, your donation is tax deductible. If you need it, our Tax ID number is 20-5402402
- Long Answer: C89.5 has a separate 501(c)3 organization whose mission is to provide professional and financial support to the station. If you would like to make a donation payable to the C89.5 / KNHC Public Radio Association, that donation is tax deductible, as referenced in Section 115 of the Internal Revenue Code. Currently, we are only accepting donations to the Association via checks at C89.5/KNHC 10750 30th Ave NE Seattle, WA 98125.
- In both cases, the deductible amount is the value of your donation minus the fair market value of your thank you gift(s).
- How do I get my employer to match my donation?
- This differs from employer to employer. When you donate, you receive an email receipt. This should either be taken to your H.R. department or submitted through your employer’s self-service page on their website. If you would like to check on whether your company will match, please visit http://www.c895.org/matching and use the search box on that page.
- Are there other ways that I can donate?
- Yes, we have a program where you can donate your old car, boat, RV, or other vehicle. We’ll use the vehicle to raise funds for the great programs you listen to every day and you’ll get a tax receipt for your donation. Put your unwanted vehicle in good hands by calling the vehicle donation line at 855-500-7433 or donate online here.
- Does C89.5 give out my address, email address, or phone number?
- No, we do not sell, rent, or give away your contact information to organizations not working directly with us.
- How do I update my information?
- Call our business office at 206-252-3800, during business hours.
- Email our membership director, Bruce Wirth.